Asian Language Access
The Asian American/Pacific Islander community encompasses a wide range of nationalities and a multiplicity of languages. While many in the community have achieved financial stability, others face considerable challenges.
Improving access to services in Asian and Pacific Islander languages is critical to people’s ability to access public benefits, stand up for their rights and save their homes. This is particularly true for those with limited English who are struggling in this tough economy.
ASIAN AMERICANS ADVANCING JUSTICE-LOS ANGELES
Asian Americans Advancing Justice - Los Angeles (formerly the Asian Pacific American Legal Center) is dedicated to promoting a fair and equitable society for all by working for civil and human rights and by empowering Asian Americans, Pacific Islanders, Native Hawaiians and other underserved communities.
Los Angeles and Orange County residents can receive legal help in the following languages. All numbers are toll free.
- 需要協助嗎/Chinese/(800) 520-2356
- ត្រូវការជំនួយជាភាសាខ្មែរ/Khmer/(800) 867-3126
- 도움이 필요하십니까?/Korean/(800) 867-3640
- ต้องการความช่วยเหลือ/Thai/(800) 914-9583
- Cần sự giúp đỡ/Vietnamese/(800) 267-7395
LEGAL AID FOUNDATION OF LOS ANGELES
Legal Aid Foundation of Los Angeles is dedicated to the rights of people who are limited English proficient. LAFLA has a team of dedicated staff whose mission is to increase access to justice and services for the Asian/Pacific Islander community.
Los Angeles County residents can receive legal help in the following languages:
- 한국어/Korean/(323) 801-7987
- 國粵語熱線/Cantonese and Mandarin/(323) 801-7912
- 日本語/Japanese/(323) 801-7913
- ភាសាខ្មែរ/Cambodian/(562) 304-2523
- Tiếng Việt/Vietnamese/(323) 801-7923